Self-employed financial adviser - an overview
Sterling & Law is currently seeking a motivated, business development focused self-employed independent financial adviser to operate within London, the Southeast, or the Home Counties.
Are you an experienced financial adviser seeking to further your career with a dynamic and reputable wealth management company?
Do you possess the drive and ambition to establish your business in the financial services sector?
Do you wish to do this under the umbrella of a well-established firm?
The successful candidate will receive comprehensive support to set up their business, enjoying the independence of self-employment without the feeling of isolation, of going it alone.
Furthering your financial services career
This is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with a forward-thinking wealth management firm. You will enjoy and benefit from our ongoing support designed to help grow your client base and funds under management.
As part of a friendly, helpful team of successful financial advisers, you will feel the benefit of running your own business, whilst gaining the support of other industry professionals and support staff.
Here is a snapshot of your key responsibilities. You will:
- Offer strategic financial advice employing a range of financial instruments.
- Evaluate the client’s overall financial scenario, discern their needs, and craft a robust, personalised financial plan.
- Steer clients towards informed financial decisions.
- Develop and maintain a loyal client base and foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Remain up to date with industry trends, standards, and research.
- Oversee the progress of the client’s financial plan, including review and updates.
- Adhere to industry rules, regulations, and our T&C, Treating Customers Fairly and Consumer Duty charters.
- Contribute to the success and well-being of yourself and others in the firm.
- Make appropriate recommendations, aligned with their risk tolerance and unique financial goals.
About Sterling & Law
Established in 1997, Sterling & Law is a group of professional independent wealth managers. We are a people-oriented business, delivering financial planning and wealth management services to clients at all stages of their financial journey.
Our client-centric philosophy ensures our clients remain at the core of our operations. As a fully independent FCA-regulated firm, Sterling & Law can provide impartial, independent financial advice to:
- Business owners
We prioritise the customer needs and are, dedicated to serving our clients’ best interests while building and preserving their wealth.
Benefits of being a self-employed financial adviser
Being one of Sterling & Law’s financial advisers, offer a whole host of benefits. To summarise, they are:
- Attractive retainer packages, with competitive tiered retention rates of up to over 80% of gross fees.
- Provision of hardware and software.
- Ongoing top-tier business development and financial training.
- Tested and approved marketing and administrative support, as well as award-winning software packages.
- A hands-off, trusting and supporting environment.
- The chance to contribute and help mould the future of the company.
- Paraplanning and compliance support.
- Regular team meetings via Zoom and face-to-face
If the above benefits fit nicely with your own requirements and career progression plans in the financial services industry, contact us to register your interest.
At Sterling & Law, we are looking for independent financial advisers who demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes.
- Demonstrable experience with a proven track record of exceeding targets in the financial services sector.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to empathise with, assess, and connect with clients, understanding their diverse needs.
- The drive and determination to excel in a challenging role.
- The experience and wisdom to ensure client commitment and lasting relationships.
- A business mindset coupled with a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to adhere to a business plan and a willingness to develop and grow professionally.
The financial advice services you will provide
In your role as an independent financial adviser with Sterling & Law, you will provide a broad spectrum of services to help clients enhance their financial wellbeing.
These will include:
- Wealth Management: helping clients maximise and safeguard their wealth.
- Pension Advice: guiding clients on preparing for a financially secure retirement.
- Financial Planning: developing tailored financial strategies in line with clients’ objectives.
- Inheritance Tax Advice: aiding clients in reducing the tax burden on their estates.
- Estate Planning: ensuring the efficient transfer of wealth according to the clients’ wishes.
- Investment Management: helping clients make informed decisions to increase their wealth.
- Retirement Planning: assisting clients in preparing for a comfortable retirement.
- Equity Release: advising clients on accessing the value held in their property.
- Independent mortgage advice: helping a range of clients secure a mortgage.
- Protection policies: advising on a range of business and personal protection policies
The professional qualification required to apply for this role is the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Services or equivalent.
Applying for this role
If you would like to apply for this role, click the button below and get in touch.
For more information complete this simple form and one of the team will get back to you